The TechGirls program covers the following costs:
- Visa fee for international participants
- Roundtrip international airfare from participant home country to the United States
- Roundtrip domestic airfare from participant home city (as applicable)
- Housing during program
- Double occupancy dormitory accommodations at Virginia Tech
- Double occupancy accommodations at hotel in Washington, D.C.
- Meals during program
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Local transportation to group program events
- Cultural events organized by Legacy International
- Emergency health insurance
A safe environment:
At TechGirls, we encourage youth leadership and responsibility and create an environment of trust. We clearly explain the schedule and expect TechGirls to be on time and ready for each activity. The schedule created helps everyone get most out of the three week intensive learning experience.
Supervision: TechGirls are supervised 24 hours a day. An environment is created to address problems and concerns swiftly. Staff assist youths with cultural adjustments, mentor and counsel as needed. Staff are First Aid and CPR certified to speedily address any health care needs.
Respect for all Religions: The TechGirls staff make sure that the students wishing to practice specific religious observances are given the space and opportunity to do so.
- The daily schedule is structured to allow for the five daily prayers for Muslims. On Fridays, we allow time for a longer prayer time at mid-day or for attendance at a congregational Jummah prayer.
- For those who attend regular Sunday services, we make arrangements for you.
- Regarding dietary rules, we make sure to carefully show each participant what is halal at buffets and try to arrange meals with halal options when possible.