Congratulations to the 105 TechGirls who were selected for this year’s virtual TechGirls program from 12 countries/territories across the MENA and Central Asia regions and the US for an exciting six-week virtual exchange for the start of their TechGirls journey!
Dates: June 28 to August 10, 2021
What does it involve?
- TechGirls commitment: 18 hours total per week. TechGirls have activities to do and post asynchronously as well as having real-time zoom meetings to discuss the results of their independent work with the group for approximately 1-2 hours each.
Global STEM Leaders
During the program the TechGirls will:
- Part One: Building common ground, sharing their backgrounds and cultures, and building a sense of shared purpose around social responsibility and leadership training
- Part Two: Engaging in the College Readiness Program and gaining an Introduction to Project Planning
- Part Three: Participating in one of four instructional course options from Virginia Tech
- Part Four: Exploring careers in STEM through our NASA Virtual experience and sessions with women leaders in the tech field in the USA
- Part Five: Project Planning with the Legacy team and support from TechWomen and TechGirls alumnae.
- The TechGirls groups come together for a closing summit at the end of the program and reflect on their experiences
At the end of the program, TechGirls will:
- Receive a certificate from the U.S. Department of State and Legacy International
- Be able to join the TechWomen-TechGirls club in their country (for MENA and Central Asia participants)
- Become part of the TechGirls network of over 238 alumnae
- Join the U.S. Department of State alumnae network