TechGirls teams up with several private sector partners for a career panels and job shadow days. job Shadow days take place in Austin, Chicago, Cincinnati, Denver, Detroit or Seattle.
If interested in partnering with us on one or both of these days, contact us
STEM Career Development & Job shadowing allows the TechGirls to:
- Gain exposure to a variety of careers in the technology sector.
- Gain a better understanding of the job elements of their career interest.
- Learn what type of education is needed to gain entry to this career.
- Make contact with a potential future employer.
- Determine if the career is compatible with their interests and abilities.
- Build opportunities for mentorships with other women in tech.
- Build confidence in young women to pursue higher education and careers in technology.
- Experience American-style work life; understand the work/life balance.
- Gain exposure to collaborative work environments and innovative thinking.
Previous partners have included the following innovative companies:
opens in a new windowAshoka, opens in a new windowAT&T, opens in a new windowBully Pulpit Interactive, opens in a new windowCorporation for National & Community Service, opens in a new windowecho&co, opens in a new windowFacebook, opens in a new windowFCC, opens in a new windowGoogle, opens in a new windowHealth and Human Services, opens in a new windowIslamic Relief USA, opens in a new windowiStrategies Lab, opens in a new windowMicrosoft, opens in a new windowNational Building Museum, opens in a new windowOhMyGov Inc., opens in a new windowPrecision Network, opens in a new windowRelief International, opens in a new windowSynoptos, opens in a new windowTechChange and opens in a new windowVerizon Communications.