TechGirls teams up with several private sector partners for a career panels and job shadow days. job Shadow days take place in Austin, Chicago, Cincinnati, Denver, Detroit, Portland or Seattle.
If interested in partnering with us on one or both of these days, contact us
STEM Career Development & Job shadowing allows the TechGirls to:
- Gain exposure to a variety of careers in the technology sector.
- Gain a better understanding of the job elements of their career interest.
- Learn what type of education is needed to gain entry to this career.
- Make contact with a potential future employer.
- Determine if the career is compatible with their interests and abilities.
- Build opportunities for mentorships with other women in tech.
- Build confidence in young women to pursue higher education and careers in technology.
- Experience American-style work life; understand the work/life balance.
- Gain exposure to collaborative work environments and innovative thinking.
Previous partners have included the following innovative companies:
Ashoka, AT&T, Bully Pulpit Interactive, Corporation for National & Community Service, echo&co,Facebook, FCC, Google, Health and Human Services,Islamic Relief USA, iStrategies Lab, Microsoft, National Building Museum, OhMyGov Inc., Precision Network, Relief International, Synoptos,TechChange and Verizon Communications.